Friday, August 20, 2010

Verbal Update

Okay Abigail, this is for future you. I hope you will enjoy knowing what you say these days. I'll have to continue to update this over the next week or so. It's hard to remember everything in one sitting (or two)!

What did you say?:

Bum-bo (Dumbo)
Lahmster (Lobster)
Kippy (Pippi)
Leemo (Nemo)
Scusting (discusting)
Pewter (computer)
Melonade (lemonade)
Mote (remote)
Troller (controller- like for video games)
Abby-ail (Abigail)
Da-later (later)
Mats (magnets)
Wehmber? (Remember?)

Some things you say often:
  • watch this!
  • that scared my heart! (i.e. I got scared)
  • that hurt my feelings (i.e. it makes my tummy feel bad... or it hurt my feelings)
  • she's not sharing (i.e. I want to play with that)
  • you made me lose my chance! (i.e. I forgot what I was going to say)
  • are you just a-kidding mom?
  • I love Jonathan, but he lives far away.
  • can I have a treat? (always accompanied by a big grin and hopeful eyes)
  • I know how to do that! (drum corp, playing french horn, swimming, you name it, you have the confidence that you know exactly how to do it)
  • Me: What are you doing? You: Anything. (i.e. nothing)
  • "Can I pick my dinner?" Me: "You mean lunch?" and then later, You: "Can I have a treat after lunch?" Me: "You mean dinner?"
  • It's a prize! (It's a surprise)


Some funny things you've said recently:
  • when seeing red pants with white polka dots: "that tickles my eyes!"
  • when I pretended to be sad about something, "Aw, that's okay little buddy, I'll hold you!" You hug me and bounce up and down while patting me on the head.
  • I'm making you toast and you say, "Not any jelly. Just a little yummy thing that's white. It's butter."
  • To daddy: "You have hairs in your nose! That's *really* special."
  • "Look at this screw!" me: "Oh, that's a nail." you: "Yeah. You don't put nails in Jesus. He's the good guy. He's the biiiggg big boss."
  • "Boys don't get married! Only girls get married. To princes!"
  • "EVERYbody thinks I'm cute. Why?"
  • Trying to get me to buy something for you, "But if I don't get it.... I'll die!"
  • "This is beer." "No, Abigail, it's green tea." "I think it's beer. Why did you give me beer?"
  • "I don't want to wear this dress. It's not beautiful. All the kids will say, 'That girl needs a beautiful dress!'"