Friday, November 13, 2009

The twenty step guide to going to bed

by Abigail

1. Brush teeth
2. Comb hair (sometimes not though, since my hair is curly)
3. Get my vitamin, make sure it's a lion vitamin. If not, ask why
4. Go potty
5. Put on PJs
6. Get blankie, hide in one of my favorite spots
7. Wait for Daddy or Mommy to find me again
8. As I'm being picked up, leave my blankie
9. Yell "No! My blankie!" because I left my blankie
10. Try to climb on Daddy's back until he says that now is not the time
11. Let Daddy or Mommy start to pray
12. Interrupt in loud whisper "ELSIE! And Ava and Cohen!" (Insert names of all my friends in rotation. They need to be prayed for and I'm pretty sure Mommy and Daddy would forget if I didn't remind them)
13. Hug Mommy
14. Ask for sandwhich hug
15. Hug Daddy
16. Ask for another sandwhich hug
(Sometimes here I add a "whisper, whisper" for both ears for both mom and dad. This involves pressing my cheek to theirs, looking the same direction, and loudly whispering, "whisper whisper!" Mommy and Daddy aren't sure where I got this habit. Other times I add a special kiss for each, several times)
17. Say "Watch what I can do!!" and run to side of bed. Stand on edge of bed and jump onto my knees with my head at pillow. A jump for James! And sometimes another one for Jonathan
18. Get my covers on, make sure they are straight and covering all the way to the side of the bed
19. Ask if all my friends and their blankies are sleeping
20. Ask if Mommy and Daddy will be coming back in and they remind me that they won't be
(sometimes here I say "See you later!" and become quite upset if they don't say the same words back to me)

I hope you can sleep better now!

1 comment:

Gram said...

For sure I will sleep better knowing that our Dolly Girl is safely tucked in. Perhaps even her Gram is already tucked in, too.
XXXOOO