Saturday, November 28, 2009

Playing pretend

Abigail is really into playing pretend these days. It's great. I love listening to her tell the dolls and animals and toys what to do. I went in her room one day and she was putting all her animals to sleep with the 'learning blanket.'



(Adding in an Abigail for good measure)

The only thing about the pretend- I'm getting the impression that I call her 'honey' and 'dear' too often. She is saying things like "Oh Honey, it's time for a nap." and "What Dear?" It is really cute when she says it. But I think if I heard myself I might be really annoyed!

Here are some interesting things Abigail has told us recently:

While talking about likes and dislikes as far as chocolate milk, regular milk, and water goes.
"I like everything I want"

"Our mouths are glued on so we can talk"

Abigail, what is your favorite food?
"Peanut butter and jelly, bread, and butter." (not all together)

Abigail saw the butter on the table at Thanksgiving.
"Can I have some bread with my butter?" ew.

(context: Abigail does ask why, but she's not in the 'why about everything' stage)
We turned on the TV to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade and a giant Abby Cadabby was floating along.
Look Abigail, it's Abby Caddabby!
"Why is that?"
(I'm a little flustered as to what question she is actually trying to ask here) Well, that's a big balloon. See the people holding the strings? They are holding her and walking along.
"Why?"
I tried a few more times, but she just didn't understand why that big balloon was there. I finally had to tell her I didn't know and leave it at that. Why do they carry big balloons through the city?

Courtney- I think she got this one from you. She usually says this when I'm laughing real hard.
"Are you serious Mommy. "


(I'm not very excited about picking out our Christmas tree- even though this is the first year we've done it. You see, we are the first customers and none of the trees are unwrapped yet (except this one) and all these boy scouts are moping around and some people are looking at me. They do have a cool giant inflatable gorilla though)

(I'm a little more excited now- about the tree and the fact that Mommy let me sit on the roof. And we also get to 'make Christmas.' I saw the Christmas boxes and I'm really excited to get the ornaments out.)



(Best 30 cents Mommy has ever spent. She went to the dollar store last February and got three sheets of Christmas window clings. I think they're really great)

2 comments:

Gram said...

We're ready for Christmas here, too, and awaiting the arrival of the curley-haired princess.

Gram said...

Oops! Forgot our XXXOOO.