Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween, etc

I'm told that some people don't like to hear all about other people's children- their antics, how they pronounce words, and what happened at the zoo today. I'm assuming that if you are reading this you are like me- you think children are pretty funny and love hearing those stories, even though you've heard them about other children many times before. But, I feel the need to write this every once in a while, just in case someone stumbles across here and thinks that I'm crazy for thinking anyone wants to hear all this: I'm writing this for those who care and I'm not offended if you don't! I'd love to read about your children and, sometimes, maybe even about YOUR antics too!

That said, I have to share these pronunciations.

Abigail and I watched a Pippi Longstocking movie a couple of months ago. She kept calling Pippi, "Kippy" and couldn't seem to pronounce Pippi right, despite repeated attempts. Well, thats fine. A few days ago however, when Abigail became excited about something, she started saying, 'Yea! Kip-PEE!" It's so precious. That, coupled with, "Knee-haw!" (we never say ye-haw, but I'm guessing what this is derived from- though it sounds very much like the Mandarin Chinese hello, Ni Hao ), is delightfully exclaimed many times a day in our house.


Our annual "on the bench with our pumpkin" picture

to see previous years, click here

This is for all of you who think Abigail just smiles all the time and is really easy to take pictures of. Here is a face I see a lot!
For Halloween Abigail dressed up as Shirley Temple! I realized that a little girl in a pretty dress doesn't necessarily look like anyone, so here is the picture to compare :)


We had a Halloween dress-up playgroup at the zoo! (no I didn't torture her, it was in the 70s that day!)

Too funny not to share
One of our pumpkins started to rot this year, so we cut out that part and then decided what to make (I think you can tell which one that is). For the other pumpkin, Abigail picked out a template. I'm really curious to see if you know what it is before I tell you though, so look at it first.
Abigail said she wanted a kitty face and I found a website with some cat options, this was one of them. Abigail LOVES the Lion King movie and so when she saw a template of Scar, she had to have it :). I told her that it might be a little scary but she was alright with it. She kept saying, "Scarf might be a little scary when he's glowing!"

1 comment:

Gram said...

You can't know what a Day-Brightener the pictures and anecdotes are! What a sweet, sweet girl. It's amazing that she's grown up so much. XXXOOO