Monday, November 3, 2008

Let's see if I can do this and Halloween

Some of you, maybe all of you who are reading this, have asked to have more stories of our lives. I'm going to see if I can fulfill that request here! If I succeed, it will be the first time I have ever 'journaled' for a consistent amount of time without being graded for it. Right now my goal is to write something every 1-2 weeks. Now on to the stories!



For Halloween this year Abigail was an angel, I was Sarah Palin, and Jake was Jake :)

We woke Abigail up early from her nap to try and go trick-or-treating before it got too late. Abigail is a sleeper and not very happy when you wake her up early! I had explained to her before what we were going to do, but of course she didn't quite understand it. But by the time we got to the third house she had warmed up from her grumpy after-napness and understood the concept of free candy very well! She was so excited about all the 'treats!' Ever since then she has been carrying her pumpkin pail around with her wherever she goes, emptying and sorting her candy, talking about it and putting it back in the pail.

(the original haul)

This morning she made a pile of 'daddy's' and 'abby-ails.' (I'm still tring to decide whether to take offense or feel complimented that she didn't make a pile for me) It seemed to be sorted mostly by color. Brown and blue things went in Daddy's pile and Abigail got all the purple, red, yellow, orange and pink things.

(busy sorting)

But the funniest story having to do with Halloween candy (so far) happened when Abigail had all her candy spread out on the floor looking at it. She was talking to herself about the candy and I was sort of listening while making dinner. Then she laid down on top of her candy with her arms outstretched and said, 'I wullve yeou! I wullve yeou! Which, translated, means, 'I love you! I love you!' SO cute! You'll have to use your imagination for that one, because I don't have a picture :).

No comments: