Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My pregnancy, the baby and Abigail

I just found this entry I had worked on a long time ago and never completed or posted. Unfortunately I opened it up again before I saw the date, but I think it was last summer- so that's where I'm going to post it.  Anyway, I thought I should add it to the blog because it brings back memories. Abigail *really* wanted to name the baby Candy for a while, but after Evie was a few months old, she totally forgot she even had that idea!

*********************
Ever since we told Abigail she was going to have a brother or sister, she has been so excited, understandably. That first night we heard her singing in bed, so Jake sneaked up to listen to her. You'll have to put these words to a little sing-songy voice in your imagination. "I need to tell Mommy tomorrow that I think we should name the baby Candyyyyyy! Or (I can't remember what it was)!  My little sisterrrrrr or brotherrrrrr." etc.

I have been nauseated most days for most of the day the past few months and therefore not so fun of a mommy, or wife, I should add. One day Abigail said to me, "Mommy, after my nap, will you tell me how many times you threw up?" I thought, "Yuck. Well, hopefully no times Abigail, but thanks for being interested!"

Other things she has said:
"I'm really happy but sad because you have to go to the hospital to have the baby but it's going to hurt you."
*********************
Later in the pregnancy, she told me "I like how big your tummy is!" What a great compliment!

No comments: