Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We love spring!

This spring has been really fun with Abigail because this is the first time she can remember seeing all the flowers and blooming trees. She gets so excited and often when we are driving the whole time she is shouting out "BLOSSOM!" (cherry blossom or bradford pear) or  "DOGWOOD!" or "'STERIA!" (wisteria). But don't worry, she's isn't a plant expert yet, she also says, "YELLOW ONES!" or pink, purple, white, red, etc, etc. Anyway, it's really fun. 

Spring time means we have to pull weeds and we get to grow and plant flowers. We have to clean out the gutters and prune the plants, but we get to grill out and have s'mores. There is more light, more bugs, warmer weather, playgroup at the park, Easter, so many great things.

Yay! Grilling and eating outside!

 Gorgeous amaryllis I got from Bethany for Christmas, it did really well!

I was so excited about growing flowers that I bought this amaryllis from Walmart to be friends with my other one. It was lame and didn't flower :(

Abigail and I cut some of the wild wisteria and had it at home for a few days.


Abigail pulling weeds with me

She helped me plant some flowers too!

 
Toasting some marshmallows for s'mores!

The ants hard at work

No comments: