Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What would you do?

See this face?


Now tell me, what would you do if, while you were lovingly admiring your sweet little girl's sticky, messy face you heard her precious, small, sweet voice ask, "Can I kiss you Mommy?"

What did I do? After I got over my laughter and indecisiveness, I grabbed the camera and snapped a pic. Then I wiped her face and got that adorable kiss.

------------------

We have those word magnets that go on your fridge, but ours are a cheesy Wheaton version that don't have but a few particles and more than their fair share of nouns. However, we kept them for sentimental reasons. I plan on keeping them for that nondescript amount of time that you keep something like some birthday cards- long enough that you feel like you got everything you needed out of it, plus a little longer because of the respect you have for the person that gave it to you, but short of long-term, senseless hoarding. Anyway, Abigail has found the happy habit of pulling up a chair to move the 'cards' or 'mag things' (yes, mag things) around to the different pictures decorating our refrigerator doors. She talks all the while, 'Dis one for Elsie, and Ava, and Jon-na-ten, and Ruby, and..." etc. The name doesn't necessarily match the person the magnet goes to. The other day I went over to see her careful work and discovered this!

Here are a few explanations for those who are non-wheatie types.
Up the tower = It means you're engaged/married. At Wheaton, when you got engaged you went up the bell tower at Blanchard Hall to ring the bell
Jonathan Blanchard = Founding president of Wheaton College
C-Train = An employee of Wheaton who worked as a janitor and was beloved by wheaton students, especially the sporty types. He also coached the Hockey team. So, cool guy.
Chappy K = Chaplain Kellough- the chaplain at Wheaton while we were there.

So Jonthan Blanchard is kind of random, but all the other labels fit with the person or persons they were given to. I'll let you figure it all out on your own instead of writing it out. My daughter's a GENIUS!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

What did Jake have to say about Jake=Chappy K?

Gram said...

I don't know about the Wheaton magnets, but if that sticky little face asked if she could give me a kiss, I'd scoop her up and get an original sticky kiss from the little munchkin!