Monday, January 12, 2009

Breakfast

Abigail's favorite meal of the day is breakfast. She loves her cereal. We try to be relatively healthy and get a good grain in her system, but sometimes she gets the sugary ones. Over Christmas at Grandma and Papa's house she had a special treat of donuts a few mornings. At Gramps and Grams' house she had fruity cheerios. Well, I bought some Golden Grahams the other day and we have been eating some of those. Today Abigail asked what they were called and I told her. She repeated me saying, "Oden Gramps." I replied, "Go-ld-en Gra-h-ams." With a nod of her head she repeated, "Oden Gramps" and took another bite.

While Abigail is far from the best at pronunciation for 2 year olds, I think this one can be explained a bit. Here is what I'm thinking: Abigail often called Grams 'Gramps' while we were at their house- she never did seem to get that there was a difference between the two names. So when she hears 'Golden Grahams' maybe she is thinking 'Golden Grams' and hence she says 'Oden Gramps.' I am having a great time trying to imagine what she is thinking as she says this. Gram, you officially have a cereal named after you at our house!


I combed her hair and it curled up like a wave all on it's own.
I also just love this cheesy smile.

1 comment:

Gram said...

Is this part of my 15 minutes of fame? How cute is that! She continues to keep us laughing and I'll make sure to stock up on Golden Grahams for her.