Saturday, January 31, 2009

Abigailisms

All kids have cute things they say that are almost English, here are some of Abigail's:

Noo-nen? = What are you doing? (she asks this quite frequently)
mook = move
hunk-e = excuse me
be-up = pick me up
ee-yoh = here you go
pearful = careful
pe-pull = purple/people

Other funny things:
Do you need to go to the bathroom? 'no, please no!' or 'I don't want it.'
Once, when she saw a cigarette hanging out someone's car window, 'Candle!!'
'This is MY milk. I LOVE it!' while hugging her cup.

Okay, this story you have to picture in your mind because that's when it's really cute. The other day Jake came downstairs with Abigail and she was lying in his arms like a baby, which she rarely lets us do. He whispered to her, 'Close your eyes and pretend like you're asleep.' She did close her eyes and was sucking on her two favorite fingers. Jake came over to me and said, 'Look Mommy, Abigail fell asleep!' 'Oh, she's so cute!' I said. We cooed over her a minute more and then I said, 'Maybe we should lie her down in bed?' Abigail kept her eyes closed and her fingers in her mouth, still pretending like she was asleep, but couldn't help slightly shaking her head from side to side in silent protest. What a good little pretender. :)

1 comment:

Gram said...

Wish we could hear the Abigailisms in person. What a Dolly!